2018, Bring it on! Here are Abby’s 2017 Highlights.
As we begin this new year, I have been reflecting on the awesomeness and magic of 2017. For those that are following along with my company’s journey, a lot of growth and general morphing happened in 2017 and I am frankly mindblown by how we made this all happen! Just recapping it makes me tired (ha!). Here are some of the highlights that I am over-the-moon thankful for:
1. Only with the help of others can growth happen. We hired 3 additional full time employees and 2 more jewelry production team members. SO much love and appreciation to my team!
2. We revamped abbysparks.com and added over thirty new pages aimed at helping people understand the full extent of custom options better. Here’s just a few of your options…
3. Out with girly/fem and in with something fresh. We got downright sassy and launched our Colorado Likes it Hard campaign, a Colorado-proud custom jewelry experience that men can totally vibe with! We even made stickers too- have your seen them? Do you need one?!
4. We found our voice more firmly and coined “No Spark is The Same” to describe the one-of-a-kind aspect of each person who walks through our doors, and each one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry we design with them. We even dedicated a whole wall and neon sign to this concept in our new studio!
5. Made for the spontaneous nature of love, we created our Loaner Ring. It’s perfect for the dude that needs to get engaged but either doesn’t have the time to design a custom engagement ring, OR he knows that his lady is particular with her style and would want to design it herself. It’s the total package–we even take care of the champagne part when he pops the Q!
6. We moved! And damn… did we invest in capturing the complete ASJ experience and turning it into a brick and mortar space. Abby Sparks Jewelry went from a proverbial jewelry box to a whole new Sparks-tastic experience! I am still antsy with excitement to share this new and improved ASJ magic with you, especially my OG clients and community who came out to celebrate our launch. Speaking of my OG clients, I LOVE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! You were the originals. You were the die-hards. You took a chance on me when I had very little to show you in terms of what I had made, and you trusted me to bring your jewelry to life. I cannot thank you enough!
“Don’t think about making art, just get it done.” Andy Warhol said. “Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art”. Whether my jewelry is in the art category or not doesn’t really matter. What does matter is that I am doing what I love, following that quiet little inner voice of soul and spirit guidance, providing jobs to fellow badasses, and I hope, inspiring others and adding value of some sort to their lives.
No amount of growth is possible without the power of others, and I could not be more grateful for my budding little company and all of its growth these last few years. As I reflect on 2017, I form hopes for 2018… May we all try our best to live in the present: to put down our phones and absorb the wonder of what is truly taking place. May we feel all the feels! May we follow our hearts (and quiet our busy minds). May we remember that we are all, each of us, needed and valued, in the grand plan. Judgement of others- be gone! May we all be improvisationally receptive to life’s elaborate scheme to shower us with blessings, but learn to also be a co-conspirator who assists life in doling out blessings- to help everyone else get exactly what they need, exactly when they need it.
2018, bring it on!