Custom Made Floral Engagement Rings
For those looking for a unique twist on a classic engagement ring, a floral-inspired engagement ring may be the one for you. Not only are flower engagement rings ultra-feminine and romantic, but they are also elegant and timeless – with many drawing upon vintage-inspired designs.
Flower engagement rings can also hold deep meaning, symbolizing light, life, and re-birth, or even going so far as to represent the symbolism of a specific flower and its meaning in your ring. Depending on your design taste, they may also offer you more bang for your buck, with many people opting for smaller, colorful gemstones to represent their floral inspirations, foregoing a large diamond solitaire which can carry a hefty price tag.
Flower engagement rings have gained popularity for their unique and romantic designs. These rings often feature floral-inspired elements, incorporating delicate petals, leaves, or even entire floral patterns into the ring’s design.
Here are some key aspects and styles associated with flower engagement rings:
- Floral Motifs: Rings may showcase intricate floral motifs, with petals and blooms forming part of the ring’s setting.
- Leaf Accents: Some designs incorporate leaves or vines into the ring, giving it a natural and organic feel.
- Center Stone: While diamonds are still popular, many flower engagement rings feature colorful gemstones as the center stone, such as sapphires, emeralds, or morganite.
- Accent Stones: Additional smaller gemstones may be used as accents to enhance the floral theme.
Vintage and Bohemian Styles:
- Vintage-Inspired: Flower rings often draw inspiration from vintage styles, evoking a sense of timeless romance.
- Bohemian Vibes: Some designs have a bohemian flair, with free-spirited and unconventional elements.
Different Floral Elements:
- Rose Rings: Rose-shaped designs are particularly popular, symbolizing love and romance.
- Custom Floral Patterns: Some couples opt for custom-designed rings featuring specific flowers that hold personal significance.
Mixed Metal Options:
- Two-Tone Rings: Combining different metals, such as rose gold and white gold, adds depth and contrast to the floral design.
Artistic and Craftsmanship:
- Handcrafted Details: Artisanal and handcrafted rings often feature intricate detailing, contributing to the uniqueness of each piece.
- Engraving: Floral patterns may be delicately engraved into the metal for a subtle yet elegant touch.
- Birthstone Incorporation: Some designs incorporate birthstones, adding a personalized element to the ring.
Remember, the beauty of flower engagement rings lies in their ability to capture the essence of nature and personal style. Whether you’re drawn to a classic rose design or a more eclectic, bohemian look, these rings offer a distinctive and romantic choice for couples seeking something truly special.
Looking for your own floral engagement ring? Ahead find our most popular floral designs to inspire your design.
This custom floral ring was made using our client’s heirloom stones.
The Genevieve Cherry Blossom DIamond Ring features a lifelike, delicate cherry blossom setting carved out of 14k white gold. Our clients met in Washington DC and so the cherry blossom was symbolic of their love and their story. The center diamond was repurposed from our client’s heirloom jewelry.
The Adria takes design cues from antique jewelry designs.
The Adria vintage floral engagement ring draws upon a long tradition of incorporating floral elements into jewelry. Specifically zeroing in on art nouveau and turn of the century designs, we created a subtle halo of petals around the center stone, which is then surrounded by a second geometric halo. The whole design features springy pinks and greens in morganite and sapphire.
The Brandi diamond ring takes a slightly more abstract approach to floral styling.
The Brandi lab grown diamond ring uses marquise cut stones at the north and south of the center stone, creating a petal effect in the halo. Milgrain texture on the setting of these stones adds extra texture to make them pop.
The Lynn uses sapphire and emeralds to lend color in the overall design.
The Lynn uses 14k yellow gold to create a tulip setting complete with carved petals. Inside, a deep blue sapphire center stone creates an alternative look, while three emeralds set on each side complete the full floral effect as leaves.
The Dana creates a floral twist on a classic cluster setting.
Why have one flower when you can have the full bouquet? The Dana cluster ring uses diamonds and sapphires in various shapes and sizes to create an eclectic bouquet effect. 14k rose gold leave draw in the more literal natural elements, allowing the stones to take on abstract flower forms.
The Haley utilizes a half-halo to add a floral twist.
The Haley pink morganite engagement ring features a unique half-halo setting that tapers in size using round and marquise cut stones, mimicking petals. The light pink in the morganite gemstone further pu.ls in feminine, floral elements.
The Shannon marquise diamond ring uses floral-inspired elements while remaining simple and dainty.
The Shannon Marquise diamond ring is perfect for the person who loves striking yet understated designs. Set in an east-west orientation, the center marquise on this ring features additional round and marquise stones clustered in a petal pattern.
The Becca mirrors the bouquet look, with one center diamond taking center stage.
The Becca 3-carat nature-inspired ring has a cluster of sapphire gemstones with 14k yellow gold leaves but features a 3-carat diamond center stone. This type of design is perfect for the person for whom more is more and wants a showstopping piece.
The Katie floral ring uses an ethical moissanite.
The Katie Moissanite floral engagement ring takes similar design cues as we’ve seen above, with 14k rose gold leaves extending from the center stone. However this time the sapphire in various blue hues are set within the leave, and further the rose gold band twists recalling natural vines.
The Leslie diamond floral-inspired engagement ring shows that floral-inspired can still be classic.
The Leslie is a timeless take on the floral engagement ring trend, using a classic diamond in a white gold setting. Around the two-carat oval cut diamond is a unique cluster of floral “petals” in various diamond shapes.
Ready to create your own floral engagement ring? We specialize in fully custom design and are here to turn your ideas into a beautiful and one-of-a-kind piece.
Need more inspiration? Check out our engagement ring portfolio!
We work with clients all over the world who desire jewelry with meaning. To get the design conversation started, book an appointment or give us a call at 303-957-6502.